Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Longer the Days, the Shorter the Blog, Seems Like

Taking vacation time this week. Just means I'm not doing the blog this week. Still, a few things:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DREW SHOALS DROPPED ME A LINE

We miss him around here, big time.

He said:

I s(aw) saxophonist/composer John Ellis over the weekend here in New York. He wrote a Tim Burton-esque jazz opera called "The Ice Siren" about a dream-like, after life love story brought to life (or death) by a string quartet, tuba, vibes, percussion, guitar, tenor sax, and a couple vocalists. The best music I've heard in New York so far.


Nuff said.

Wonder when he's coming back to town and running for mayor?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AND KEITH SCHREINER SAYS, LESS PERSONALLY

Hey guys I wanted to invite all of you out to my first tuesday night back out in the world. I have hidden in the studio for 2 years and its time now to get back out on a regular basis, but I did not want to deal with the cityiots or the brianless masses on fridays and saturday nights, so I opted for a locals kinda night where I dont have to cater to idiots, SO.... every Tuesday night starting on June 16th thats next tuesday, I will be down at east from 8:30pm-12:30am doing what I do, I hope some of you come thru for the first one, it would be great to see you guys and catch up.
Also john Plummer told me there will be happy hour prices or some kind of good deal on drinks as well.....Much rejoicing


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FIND GREAT CONCERTS ONLINE RIGHT HERE

Thanks to Art Levine for this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ENJOY



Trombone Shorty







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pass this blog on!
…and leave a comment!!!


Listen to my KMHD show on Saturday nights 10pm-2am. Jazz till 12 and then The Bar opens at Midnight! Studio line 503-661-8900…call me sometime, it gets lonely out there!

Email me at tvdpdx@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.